Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Chunky and Comfy

 

“The secret to great style is to feel good in what you wear!”

 

I am always looking for new ways to express my style, so when I see someone wearing something I like, or I see something in a magazine, it immediately makes me think “could I wear that”…

 

I have found that while I like to explore lots of different styles and outfit combinations, not everything works for ME…and I don’t care who you are, there is always that is just going to look better on someone else.

 

The boots that I am wearing in this post are a pair that I saw a friend wearing and I fell in love with them – so I tried them and found that I like them too.  I find business or more dressy styles easier for me to express myself, so finding something that is perfect to add to my casual wardrobe, I’m all over it.  I grew up in England in the 80’s and Dr Marten’s were huge with “skin heads” and “mods” but they were never something I had liked myself.  I preferred more feminine styles, and I feel like Dr Marten’s got this style right!  They added a touch of femininity to target a whole different consumer – and I definitely fall into that new category of consumer.  Even though they are still chunky, I feel like the heel makes them more my style, yet they are still practical.

 

The Black distressed jeans are one of my favorite pair, mainly because the fabric is so soft, and they work with so many different outfit combinations.  The Blue sweater I found at H&M and just fell in love with the color…

 

I believe that even when I dress casually I like to keep that femininity in my outfits, and there are lots of ways to achieve that.  You can add a soft sweater (similar to this one), you could add a touch of lace, wear a soft brimmed had or cozy beanie, even just wearing feminine colors works too…such as dusky rose, or cream (which I think is more feminine than White even).

 

This fall and winter one of my goals is to expand my casual wardrobe and create some easy “go to” outfits that I can use when I just need to rip and run.  If you’re a working mum or just a busy professional, you know that sometimes the weekends can seem more busy than during the week and you just need to hurry and grab something quickly to wear…Wearing a hat or beanie can be a great way to save even more time if it’s not the day to wash your hair. During the week when I have appointments or I am dressing more professionally, I tend to style my hair differently than I do at the weekends.  Next week I am going to highlight some current quick and easy “up do’s” that I use when I am in a hurry for weekdays and also how I wear my hair on weekends.

 

When you are choosing your casual outfits, what is something that you won’t sacrifice?  Femininity is important to me…but I also like to choose styles that can be a little edgy by adding some leather and studs…




from StyleQueenie.com http://ift.tt/2hYO55j
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0 Comments