Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How Did Miley Cyrus Embrace Being Single? It's All About an F-Word

87th Academy Awards - 2015 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar PartyRecently, Miley Cyrus celebrated the single life by making out with two people, and now the free-loving singer has let us in on what prompted her decision to embrace her recently acquired "single and ready to mingle" lifestyle. Did she have an epiphany while binge-watching female-empowering chick flicks? Or did she put Destiny's Child's "Independent Women" on repeat and happily twerk away all of her relationship woes? As entertaining as those scenarios sound, the reality is decidedly less dramatic. Miley gives all the credit to feminism.

In an interview with TIME magazine, Miley spoke on what helped her to accept her single status. "It has a lot to do with being a feminist, but I'm finally OK with being alone," she said. "I think that's something we have to talk about more: that you can be alone."

She continued, "There are times in my life where I've had boyfriends or girlfriends. And there are times where I just love being with myself and don't want to give part of myself away to someone else. I think that's a new freedom for women, especially. I don't know that my mother would have been able to be 22 and secure in being alone."

Preach, Miley. That has to be one of her most self-empowering messages yet. In addition to showing us how feminism can contribute to a better sense of self, Miley's proving that her words of wisdom can attract just as much attention as her wild-child Instagram antics.



from Cambio http://ift.tt/1FVNwzI
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0 Comments