So this is an unusual post for me.
I don't normal write about children or pregnancy at all because, I don't plan on either at any time soon. I've never even considered it if I am honest. Now as a gay woman braving the single world of (gulp) dating - its not super high on my agenda.
I do however firmly support science.
And as of this weekend - Kat Von D products are no longer welcome on my site, my kit or my personal collection.
What has Kat Von D done to bring down my wrath? or at the very least my ban? I'm referring to the the very latest Instagram posts of her pregnancy and wedding in which she announced she is planning on not vaccinating her child.
I'm all for the veganism, home birth, do what you like and choices. However, this is a dangerous one. Polio cases have risen and people attribute that to the rise of the movement for no vaccinations. Not to mention how dangerous this is for people with compromised immune systems to be around these children.
The comments on the Instagram pages for her brand are getting a little.....intense. So I've unfollowed as a sign of not accepting her comments. Not that that will make a difference to a huge international brand. But choosing to support other compassionate vegan brands will make a difference.
So yeah, Kat Von D - no longer welcome.


0 Comments