Nearly finished the left front of my cardigan. The Galaxy wool incorporating sequins is very soft to knit with and I have set myself the goal of completing the cardigan by the end of March..watch this space. It is very fine double knit so seems to be taking ages after my very chunky knit cushion cover.
******
Just finished Peter Robinsons latest 'No Cure For Love' Bit of a dodgy title but my faith in Peter Robinson as a writer has not been altered. The book was originally published in 1995 in America so it had a somewhat dated feel to it..Lots of talk of CD's and fax machines. Amazing how times change so quickly. The story is mainly set in LA although there is a short interlude in Robin's Hood Bay, Yorkshire. There are all the Peter Robinson hallmark traits. His love of rock music, his sense of place.
The plot moves quickly telling the tale of an actress that is being stalked. We discover her rather dodgy past,with a drugged up rock star and the workings of the LA Threat Management Unit. If you are a lover of Peter Robinson , you will enjoy this one and as always there is an unexpected twist at the end.
In total contrast I have started Kazuo Ishiguro's new novel 'The Buried Giant'. Checking through possible new books I was attracted by the theme. The story is set in Britain just after the time of the Roman's departure. It tells the journey of Axl and Beatrice and their mission to find their lost son. It's early days with the novel so far but looking good. I will let you know how I get on!
******
If you are interested in the Crime genre pop by on Friday. My Five on Friday will be about five of my favourite crime writers.
I am joining Ginny at Yarn Along . Do click on the link to see what everyone else has been reading and making.
Barbara xx

0 Comments