Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hodge Podge

Joining Joyce again this week for the Wednesday Hodge Podge. If you enjoy reading my answers to her questions hop on over to her blog From This Side of the Pond and read some others.

1 . This week's Hodgepodge lands on St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear green? Eat corned beef and cabbage? Drink green beer? Have you ever been to Ireland? Is it on your travel 'bucket list'?
I will wear green and gold, because some of my grands are coming for dinner and they are all about the "gold".  We do not care for corned beef and cabbage so we have the "other" traditional Irish dinner... Shepard's Pie. No green beer, never been to Ireland and my travel bucket list no longer includes anything outside of the United States. 

2. Something you think is 'worth its weight in gold'? 
My family and trust me, that's a lot of gold!

3. Something that makes you 'green around the gills'? 
Hmmm... well, the smell of cabbage cooking. Hence, the Shepard's Pie!

4. What puts a 'spring in your step' these days? 
The prospect of seeing our daughter and her family in just ten more days. I am so excited to finally get to see them in person, to hug them all, to snuggle those little boys... it can't come soon enough.

5. Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme....March, St. Patrick's Day, Covid, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green, or life lately. Yes, you can do it. 
I tried... I can't. I have no poetry mojo...

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
Before we head to our daughter's we are going to self quarantine for a week. We have both had our both of our vaccination shots and we are well past the two week "wait time". BUT, we want to be very sure that we are doing everything to be safe. We will take our own trip food instead of stopping to eat and only stop for gas and bathroom breaks.  Some think we are being ridiculously over cautious... I prefer to think that we would rather be safe than sorry.

Stay safe and well

Thanks for dropping by...

Post a Comment

0 Comments