Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Homer..............the roamer


As most of you remember, a little while back, I posted about this cat that was dropped on me.
I did not want another cat........and he cant be a house cat because my other two house cats will fight with him.
But he has such a heart warming personality and how can I resist those gigantic feet?

Convincing me even more to let him stay, he has proven himself to be quite a good farm cat, catching all of the rats that have been attacking the wires in my car. 
So in the beginning, I named him Hobo........but soon changed his name to Homer.........
after Homer Laughlin........my favorite vintage dishware. 
He agreeably stays in the chicken house with my chickens to stay safe from predators at night and for shelter during harsh weather. He and the chickens get along wonderfully.

If any of you have ever had an independent tom cat..........you know how they love to roam.
Homer has been disappearing for a day...........coming back either extremely late at night or showing up in the early morning.................worn out.
These past two weeks, he has been coming home with severe injuries.  His nose has such a huge gash on it. I thought it was from another cat.....that he possibly got into a fight with.............


but the next couple of days he came home limping with a hole in one back  foot and the pad of his front foot sliced.  It looks that maybe he has fought himself out of a metal trap.
Still unsure, there is nothing I can really do, but treat his wounds and patiently wait for the next
" free neuter" day that comes once a year.......in May,  in  a local town.
Hopefully that might cure his appetite for roaming and it might keep other tom cats from fighting him. 
Friends tell me ..........
"not likely"


Whether it does or not.........it is certainly more healthy for him.


He is such a loving  cat and deserves to get some TLC and protection
whether he wants it or not.
Do you have a roamer? ..........or do you have a lap cat that never leaves the house?
I would love to hear.


Post a Comment

0 Comments