Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last post, you're all so kind xx
What a lovely couple of days we've had, the windows have been flung open wide to give the house a good blow through, the washing has been dried outside, good job really as I have washed 8 loads! ours and Mums.
Its all been ironed and hung ready to go!
Just the edges of the bath mats to air off on my trusty clothes horse that my lovely hubby made for me.
You can't beat the old fashioned ones!
I remember as a child the one Mum had, it was a triple one and it made a great tent fastened to the wire fence in the garden and covered with old blankets. That tent was everything from a playhouse to a school or hospital and even an air raid shelter! I must have had a fascination for the 1940s then! Many a jam or red sauce butty has been eaten sat under that tent. Simple pleasures. Lovely memories:-)
While I was busy with laundry and household cleaning lovely hubby emptied the conservatory and cleaned it from top to bottom, the windows and floor are sparkling clean and its all ready for sitting in there now its starting to warm up a bit.
Wednesday was a nice day for walk round the park, we still needed to wrap up well but by the time we got back to the car we were warm as toast and ready for a nice coffee. Here are a few pictures..
Back home and time to put a piece of pork and some veggies into the slow cooker for later.
I used half the bag of stew mix I'd frozen last week.
We had it with lots of extra veg then fruit with quark for dessert.
Tonight gorgeous grandaughter is coming to stay over, she had braces fitted on her teeth last Saturday so I will find out how the first week has gone, she was a bit frightened of eating anything hard or chewy so I think I will make Pasta n sauce for tea....better make a move and get the sauce made! ...
Back soon
Have a lovely weekend
Karen xx













0 Comments