Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 24 September 2011

FOR TODAY - Saturday, 24th September 2011, 12:18pm

Outside my window... it is sunny. It is supposed to be really hot for the next week. 

I am thinking... that beginners' band practice went well this morning.  Luckily they are all doing well at learning to read the music so progress is much faster than with the last intake.

I am thankful... that my family and friends are well, or as well as can be expected in two cases!

I am learning ... still working towards a flute exam and plodding on with learning to play the piano.  Progress is slow!

In the kitchen... I am cooking a fish pie for me and a beef casserole for Ced.

I am wearing... t shirt, skirt and cardigan.

I am creating... nothing, it's still quiet on the creative front.

I am going... to take some photos.  I have a few to do for the scavenger hunt and I want to take some more around the home. 

I am wondering... when to buy my new camera.

I am reading... 'Three Weeks To Say Goodbye' by C.J. Box.  I've only read the first three chapters so far but I'm hooked.  I'll try to finish it this weekend. 

I am hoping... that I can get my clarinet sorted.  It hasn't really played properly since it was serviced so it is back in the shop for them to rectify the problem.

I am looking forward to... a good rest.  I've been tired all week and can feel the start of a cold threatening so I'm going to have an easy weekend, pottering about at home with the camera, eating, drinking and reading.  Oh, and watching Downton Abbey on Sunday.  

I am hearing... the TV and the fan on the cooker.

Around the house... it is still tidy.  I can't believe it!

I am pondering... still working out where I want to be financially this time next year.

One of my favorite things...  the changes of the seasons.  I am so glad that I live in a country where we can experience the different seasons throughout the year.

A few plans for the rest of the week: as last week - family visiting on Tuesday, teaching Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and band practice on Saturday.  I'll watch Dr Who tonight and Downton Abbey tomorrow.

Here is a thought I am sharing ... 



If you'd like to see other daybooks, or take part yourself, please visit this site.

Post a Comment

0 Comments