I have a very busy mind. I’m always thinking about something or other. Wondering about this or that. Pondering stuff. Some of it important. Some of it very trivial. Like this:
Why on earth do people in horror movies enter dark and creepy rooms with the tiniest, most insignificant flashlights? Rooms where there is a 99.99% chance that something shockingly evil is awaiting them. Rooms where they’ll inevitably come face to face with that evil because that’s how close they’ll have to get to something before they can see it with such a pathetic amount of light.
Why?
I mean, seriously, they enter into these dark areas that are sure to evoke heart failure with something like this:
Or this:
And even worse, this:
If I entered such a room, which chances are I never would unless I absolutely had to, I would take with me the mother of all flashlights. Something like the flashlight below that would instantly blind a perpertrator...
Or this one that can also be used as a club...
Just once, I’d like to watch a scary movie where somebody pulls out that mega-sized flashlight that can light up an entire forest if need be instead of the rinky-dink types that are used. Just once.
This is one of the trivial things I wonder about...






0 Comments