Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

New Terrain Boards

"Jablite" ((goodness knows why the black bits)
Although I have been very busy this week, it seems I have very little to show for all my efforts.
I purchased a pack of expanded polystyrene insulation sheets ("Jablite" from B&Q), iirc 8 sheets for about £14-£15. They're an awkward size (for me at least) being 4 foot long by 18 inches wide and about 1 inch thick. {1200mm x 450mm x 25mm).
They're only one step up from the old polystyrene ceiling tiles that very in vogue many years ago and not as strong as some polystyrene packaging that I've used in the past, but I reckon they're good enough for my purposes. There are other thicknesses available in similar sizes and larger, single sheets too (8' x 4' - 2400mm x 1200mm).
Each stage of prep work I left overnight to dry, so here's the pics:
The materials, filler, water, pva and paint.
                        
First step, pva and black paint covering the edges.
Pva, filler, water and paint
Final coat of paint (how boring is this?)
After coating the three boards I was working on with the pva, filler, water, paint mix they dried out to a much lighter brown than I wanted, but which I'd anticipated.
A further coat of brown was applied to get an even colour over all three boards; though it's not that apparent in the photograph on the right they are the same colour! (Blame my well-known photography skills).
These three boards will provide a gaming area of some 48" x 54", more than sufficient for a large skirmish and  well within the areas used by most "boutique" games (or games in a box as I call them) - "Frostgrave, Malifaux etc.).
Pirates, take 2 (- the four rows to the right are the newly based ones)







Most of my time however has been used either basing figures  (a thankless task I find no pleasure in) or painting figures (ditto) which can be seen in the  photograph below.
The figures below are from a project I started some ten to fifteen years ago, that I  came across once more during the upheaval that was my daughter's family living with us prior to getting their new home. (I'm as yet und3ecided if by finding these finding these, it  was a good thing or not!)




50+ figures - nearly finished.
So as was said at the start, a busy week (by my standards) with little to show for all the effort put in.

And that's it then for this week, thanks for taking the time to visit and as always your comments are both welcomes and appreciated.

Post a Comment

0 Comments