Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Winter Project Link Party

Another busy few days trying to cram everything in.  As the date for visiting family and our holiday draws nearer each day so does the lack of time for completing tasks.  The lists are getting longer and longer, with not a lot getting ticked off.  The mammoth task of getting gifts wrapped starts tomorrow, I am hoping that they will all fit in the car, only time will tell.  The last of the Christmas puddings are in the slow cooker steaming away, a little early but too late to make them on our return. 

On looking through my lists of things to do I noticed that I had never completed or indeed ever started the crochet stocking that I wanted to make this year.  Whilst it is too late for the children for this year it would be nice to have a couple hanging off either the mantle or the bed for ourselves.  I really did enjoy sorting through the yarn and laying them next to each other and have come up with quite a nice combination of colours.  The trusty wool winder has been out and I have been winding some wonderful yarn cakes for ease.




Only a couple of squares done so far but at least a start has been made.  The project is easily transported so can be a something I take with me, if indeed it fits in the car.


My long term Winter project is to make a quilt for my Grandson Hector, all hand stitched and filled with love.  The fabrics have been chosen and the style picked out so a start will be made later today.


I am joining up with Jennifer thistlebearhome.com for the Winter Project Link Party in the hope that it will spur me on, they are both projects that have been on the list for awhile.  What are you working on at the moment?

See you soon.




Post a Comment

0 Comments