Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A little bit of a city girl!

I think I have mentioned a while ago how lovely it would be to live in the country and still be close to a town so that I could  have a little bit of cafe culture every now and then.
 So Thursday morning after only a 20 minute drive we were having breakfast in a cafe overlooking the lovely cathedral in Exeter, and then on to the farmers market,
so nice to be able to do this I can't tell you. This week has been quite, but it has been lovely spending time in the garden, walking and meeting our new neighbours, although the nearest is half a mile away everyone seems so friendly and we have already been invited to lots of village events. Saturday we decided to have a day out and visit Arlington Court, but I was only able to take one photo as guess what it poured with rain, but needless to say Arlington Court is in North Devon and it is renowned for its bad weather.
 We have been picking strawberries, peas and broad beans,
 and as you can see it was so lovely to pick the strawberries and then have them for breakfast!
 Today I made gooseberry and elderflower ice cream which reminds me I must go and give it another stir, I don't have an ice-cream maker!!!
 Have a lovely week everyone and I will leave you with a few photos of my garden.






Post a Comment

0 Comments